Indian River Outfitters
The schools goal is: To facilitate a learning experience that includes techniques which are best understood by specific age groups.
* The schooling: One and two day classes beginning April 16th. They will be every weekend from that date.
* We can customize schooling classes: for costumers who want a private instruction by groups or individuals. Times and dates are open for private lessons.
A.) The subjects will include:
• Orientation and introduction to our IRO forty acre site and housing assignments for the two day course..
• Introduction into the outdoors.
• Tree ID, the benefits of understanding tree species and which trees have food supplies and medicinal value, what trees tell us about the substrata.
• fungus ID, medicinal values, food values, how to identify, locate, and prepare many types of mushrooms.
• How to locate and apply fishing techniques for fishing success. Where to find bait in the wild, how to locate and target a particular species, Understanding the Aquatic environment.
• Survival techniques covering the basic survival techniques and mental mindset needed to survive any situation.
• Introduction and history of trapping, Trapping techniques, basic sets, locations, and hide preparation for market.
• Animal behavior, understanding the mind and habits of a target animal.
• Bird ID, learn to identify a bird by it's calls, where to find and locate types of bird species.
• Identifying and reading animal tracks.
• Basic GPS course, Learning the basics of reading a GPS devise.
• Basic bow and arrow course, introduction, history, and on site targets where your instructor will teach and perfect your shooting skills.
• How to harvest,prepare, and preserve wild foods for storage. (available in the two day class only).
• Canoe handling techniques, Fishing trip to Cochran or Roberts Lake. (available in the two day class only)
* The students package upon arrival will include US Army survival manual and classroom essentials.
* This year we will be offering a new class addition, Introduction into SCUBA and underwater life.
* Anything made in class, a fishing jig, a survival walking staff, etc. will belong to the student. Upon graduation from the school the students will receive a certificate of completion from Indian River Outfitters school of outdoor education.
Classes : one day classes on Saturday, Two day classes begin Friday and end Saturday evening. However, Private classes can be arranged as well to accommodate our students. We welcome Boy Scout and Girl Scout troops, church groups, hiking and hunting groups.
All students can use the bow range free during their stay.
Our goal is to educate the young and old alike in the wonders of the outdoors. To see our students become the caretakers of nature, the voice for the voiceless, protecting the lives and homes of our wildlife.. You will walk in our door as a student and leave as our knowledgeable friend, with a whole new understanding of the world of nature and your role as caretaker..
$75.00 one day class
If camping, wood pile is $15.00 per layer or 3.00 per bundle. Campsites include primitive camping, a teepee, and a trapper's cabin.
Home | About Us | Our Store | Outdoor Classes | Camping | Canoeing & Kayaking | Hunting Trips | Fishing Trips | 3D Archery Range | Snowmobiling | Ice Shanty Rental
Website design by Carrie's Creations Inc. ©2012